Thursday, January 26, 2012

FINAL THOUGHTS...

Just drove my last drive in the US for a while... Had my last Whopper with cheese (Good, but too much onion... I feel sorry for the people sitting next to me on the 8 hour flight to Frankfurt!!!)

Spent my last night at Ron and Kristin's place... Had 3 very good beers... Had to savor them because of Souda's "No drinking for the first 30 days..." policy...

Sat and talked for hours, got to sleep around midnight, happily exhausted and exquisitely intoxicated... Talked about our move, talked about their move...

I'm excited and nervous for them, too, as Ron retires in June. I hope they find the Dream they are looking for!!! They may end up in our neck of the woods, which would be great cause we have the magic trifecta; BBQ, Booze and Fishing! Kristin showed my some HUGE houses they are looking at (Cause they have 5 kids!). They may come visit Cristy on their hunt for the perfect house this summer! It'd be a good chance to see what this "Country Life" we keep talking about is like!!!

So, the flight leaves from Norfolk in an hour... A few hour layover in PA, then 8 hours to Frankfurt... Few hours, then 3 hour flight to Athens... 4 hour layover before my final 1 hour flight to Crete... All in all, I leave today at 1:40pm, and get there tomorrow at 5pm... Did I ever mention I HATE flying?!?! Hate it!!! Gonna knock myself out with Benadryl...

I'm gonna miss my family and friends here...

I left Northgate Court for the last time... Happy and sad... Happy for the good times... Sad to be saying goodbye forever...

But that's how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment