Saturday, December 31, 2011

HOME!!! (Kinda) FINALLY!!! (Sorta)

Well, I'm finally home... Kinda... Not "Home" in our dream home in Arkansas... But "home" in the rental house we are in til closing...

The trip was frustrating to say the least... Got to the airport in Norfolk WWWAAAAAAYYY early... Like 2-3 hours early... Got the full screening at the airport, which took 10 minutes to repack my bags after TSA's continuing search for Bin Ladin in my luggage...

And even though I was SUPER early, the guy at the check-in counter said, "We don't have a gate never yet, as that plane will be a few hours late..."

But the plane was in Norfolk on time, fully fueled and ready for take-off!!! Which it did, about 2 hours late... "The weather in Chicago is pretty bad... We're trying to miss a storm..."

And storm indeed!!! We finally got to Chicago about 90 minutes from my next flight, the weather was CRAZY!!! Crazy boring that is... No snow... No rain... No winds... Perhaps it was one of those invisible storms?!?!

Anyways, sitting at my final gate, waiting for my next flight, I was thankful the weather was good, so we would have no problems leaving...

Yeah, right!!!

About 20 minutes before the listed take-off time, they announced that the plane we were waiting on still hadn't left Madison yet... Why?!?! The Bad weather in Chicago? Myself and about 20 other people looked outside the giant windows, looking for this mysterious storm... "I think it might be drizzling..." was the harshest weather we could find...

So, about the time I should be landing on Little Rock, the plane finally took off from Madison... We finally lifted off around 8pm, and got to Little Rock at about 9:30...

HOME!!! Well, after a 3 hour drive... We finally got here at about 1AM... Tired, exhausted, beaten...

I took the dogs for a walk, hand-fed Loko, and crawled into bed...

A scant 6 hours later, I hear someone singing, "Daaaaa-Deeeeee!!!"

And that's when I knew I was home!

No comments:

Post a Comment