Friday, December 16, 2011

FIRST MORNING HERE...

I guess my sleep cycle is still set to Virginia, so I was up at about 4:30 local time...

Cristy is still zonked out... Dogs are content and asleep; Loyal Loko slept in our room by my side of the bed, while the other two on their sleeping bag bed we made for them in the other side of the house we are renting...

So, I took a nice, long, hot shower to wash two days of road, dirt, dust and dog off of me...

Refreshed, I took the dogs out for a morning walk... Gone are the Days of the Doggy Door! Just a quick walk in the yard to take care of "business"... The real walks will take place in the daylight... Loko, sadly, suffered some kind of concussion a week or two ago, and has been very wobbly since... Luckily, this house has no stairs, so he's got some recovery time...

Last night after getting to the rental home, we unloaded everything and hopped right back into the car for dinner... There was a small diner nearby, and we went there and had a nice, simple dinner...

We are staying in the small town of Cherokee Village, population of between 4-5 thousand... I've never seen a town before with multiple, natural waterfalls on the main strip...

It's also a lot hillier than it looked on Google Earth... But it's like a normal town, but all of the houses seem to be in the woods...

The house we're in doesn't have cable, which isn't all that bad... It's a nice 2 bed, 1 bath...

Today kind of feels like Christmas Morning... We're meeting our agent this morning at the home we are purchasing so Cristy can see it for the first time... I hope she loves it as much as I do!!!

Well, the house is starting to wake up... Somebody is babbling in her room about Meow-Meow... I hear Cristy moving around... Kisa, the Cat, is busy exploring... The dogs, as always, are laying all around me...

Today is a day of sight-seeing and exploring... A new day, in a new place; the first day of a new life...

No comments:

Post a Comment