Saturday, February 11, 2012

TRADITIONAL GREEK FOOD...

I've been dying for a gyro, so I walked to a nearby restaurant to get one... Sadly, they didn't have any ... :(

But, I asked for a traditional Greek dinner, and this is what I got...

On the left is rice wrapped in "vine" leaves (no idea) soaked in wine, with sour cream...

Near the top is "staka" (I think), which I believe is milk whey mixed with flour and oil... I wasn't sure if you just ate it, or put it on something... I dipped my meat, bread and fries in it...

The meat is pork that has been marinated in wine...

For desert, there was this dish, which had a sweet, flakey oily bread on bottom, a heavy whipped cream in the middle, topped with a layer of orange zest jelly...

The small bottle is a local after dinner drink... Sounds like "rakki", and smells stronger than wine, but not quite hard... Didn't try it, though... Maybe next time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment