Saturday, September 18, 2010

American Pickers

Any of you out there watch American Pickers on the History Channel? I'm totally addicted to it right now! For those of you that don't watch, or don't have cable (you know who you are ;) I'll try to summarize the show.

Two guys travel through outskirt areas of different states in a van. When they see a property with rusted cars in front, and piles of junk all over they stop and knock on the door. The idea is that many of these people have hidden treasures buried in all that stuff. Rusted old bikes from the turn of the century, a frame from the first Harley ever made, old advertising signs, etc.

So they "Pick" things they think are worth money, get the owners to sell at a low or deceit price and resell them for a profit. It's very interesting to see what kind of things they come across and sometimes how much it turns out to be worth. A really cool, fun, wholesome show that also provides a few lessons in American History along the way.

So this morning I went out to a few garage sales while Juliet was taking her morning nap. I didn't find any of the specific items I was looking for but I did find these cute pink Air Jordan high-tops. I've seen how much baby shoes like this sell for in the stores and there is NO WAY I would pay those prices. However, at a garage sale......

Air Jordan Retro Kids Valentines Day High-Tops

Picked at Garage Sale - $1.00
Original Retail Price (2008) - $79.99

Can you believe it! Now that's a great pick!

No comments:

Post a Comment